Enterprise Rent-A-Car is an internationally recognized car rental company founded in 1957 and is owned and operated by St. Louis-based Enterprise Holdings. The brand has more than 7,000 rental offices in the United States, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Germany, France and Spain. The company offers a wide variety of car leasing, vanpooling, car sharing and hourly rental programs. The rental fleet consists of more than 120 different makes and models.
In 2011, Enterprise Rent-A-Car decided to re-launch its Enterprise Plus loyalty program. The scheme allows members to earn points for qualifying rentals in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. Points can be redeemed anytime for free rental days on any vehicle throughout the company’s network. There are no blackout dates, and the collected points do not expire as long as program members make a qualifying rental at least once every two years. Program members are provided with a dedicated phone number, members-only check-in at participating locations and exclusive, members-only offers. Three elite tiers – Silver, Gold or Platinum – can be reached. Each status level comes with a unique set of benefits such as bonus points and vehicle upgrades.
The company was looking for an IT vendor ready to fulfill the following goals:
- A loyalty tracking solution able to support a large-scale program platform with the capability of serving millions of members;
- Ability to utilize the system with minimal hardware investment – a PaaS model where a vendor is set to maintain and host the provided hardware, software and other services;
- Experience in serving clients from the travel sector.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car decided to purchase the Comarch Loyalty Management for Car Rentals system in order to re-launch its loyalty program. The system is an industry-tailored version of the Comarch Loyalty Management for Airlines system, thus it is able to provide car-rental corporations with an expanded set of functionalities already in use in Frequent Flyer Programs. The following modules have been implemented:
- Business Administration module – gives the loyalty program manager an endless number of accrual and redemption options
- Contact Center – allows for multiple channel communication with a loyalty program member
- Member Portal – web portal to keep members involved.