Comarch Next Generation Service Assurance and Comarch Service Inventory Management solutions are to be used for managing MTS mobile and fixed networks in Russia.
Comarch NGSA and Comarch Service Inventory Management solutions will be implemented as a part of a project for MTS Russia aimed at creating customer-centric network operation. The combined solution provides MTS with a functionality for improving the quality of customer- and resource-facing services across its network domains. This will be accomplished by closing the gap between traditional network monitoring and service-oriented, process-driven network management. The solution is equipped with an efficient event correlation engine which simplifies monitoring complex services, automates finding potential problem root causes and enriches events with advanced information. The embedded BPM (Business Process Management) Engine is specifically designed to manage a telecom operator’s processes. The convergent solution will be used to manage both mobile and fixed MTS networks all over Russia.
- Partnership with Comarch allows MTS to optimize costs and ensure that high-quality reliable services are provided to our customers. We decided to install the NGSA solution that allows complex services implementation while ensuring efficient network and service monitoring. I am confident that Comarch solutions will enable MTS to accomplish transition from a network-centric towards a customer-centric OSS ecosystem with an ultimate goal of creating the best customer experience. – commented MTS Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Andrey Ushatsky.
- I am very pleased that Comarch has been selected to deliver key systems for network and service assurance as well as service inventory to MTS. Comarch OSS solutions will contribute to improving the quality of MTS services and increasing customer satisfaction. – said Jacek Lonc, Member of the Board, Comarch AG.
Comarch Next Generation Service Assurance is a solution that augments traditional resource-centric fault management and transforms it towards a customer-centric service assurance solution. Apart from robust network alarm processing with advanced root cause analysis capabilities, the system calculates the impact on customer- and resource-facing services by giving insight into customer perception of network faults. This enhances traditional network monitoring with information about real impact on customer service. It enables a reaction to service incidents before a customer issues a complaint, which forms an essential part of a pro-active approach to service monitoring.
Main functionalities and benefits of the convergent Comarch solution chosen by MTS include:
- Comprehensive service modelling and monitoring engine, providing the mapping between resources and services, even for complex cases
- Progressive fault management system, including advanced event enrichment (with use of information from external systems) and strong correlation engine to assure clear data presentation and root cause analysis
- Automatic business impact analysis giving priorities to tasks related to business information (e.g. SLA)
- Process management system controlling and organizing the complex workflow in the areas of incident and problem management
Mobile TeleSystems OJSC ("MTS") is the leading telecommunications group in Russia, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, offering mobile and fixed voice, broadband, pay TV as well as content and entertainment services in one of the world's fastest growing regions. Including its subsidiaries, the Group services over 108.5 million mobile subscribers in Russia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Armenia and Belarus, a region that boasts a total population of more than 230 million. Since June 2000, MTS' Level 3 ADRs have been listed on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker symbol MBT).
Additional information about the MTS Group can be found at www.mtsgsm.com