Achieve Your Business Goals Faster with Multifunctional E-Invoicing Platform
See infographics and check out the recent research findings and learn:
- The current invoicing situation in the business landscape
- The future of invoicing: predictions and speculation
- What invoicing compliance problems are encountered?
- How to improve problematic invoicing compliance
- Why manual invoice processing equals frequent errors
1. Only a comprehensive solution allows to noticeably improve invoicing operations
- Business partners requirements (Partner already uses e-Invoicing, Paper
invoices are no longer accepted by many organizations)
- Legal requirements (Country-specific regulations, EU Directive 2014/55/EU
on e-Invoicing to public authorities)
- Internal requirements (Transparency and responsiveness, Reduction of
error rate and corrections)
e-Invoicing optimization includes
- Reduction of costs
- Increase in costs flexibility
- Improvement in workflows and working capital
2. The current invoicing situation in the business landscape
We live in a digital world. However, according to Comarch’s research, the majority of organizations still receive most of their invoices in paper format/scanned (77% - medium and high volume combined) or manually entered email/PDF (68% - medium and high volume combined).
3. The future of invoicing – predictions and speculations
- 50% of back-office processes are expected to be substituted by RPA solutions in the upcoming years*
- Many jobs in the invoice processing area will become automated by 2035
- Jobs that will be automated include:
Data Entry Keyes, New Account Clerks, Procurement Clerks, Claim Adjusters, Bookkeeping, Accounting, Auditing Clerics, Checkers, Billing and Posting Clerks, Surveying and Mapping Technicians, Bill and Account Collectors, etc.
4. What invoicing compliance problems are encountered?
- More than half of the companies underlined ensuring tax/VAT compliance (63%) and the integrity of invoice content (54%). Fail to comply with those formalities and you may face unnecessary additional cost and create a risk of liability for those responsible for tax settlements.
- One in five companies reported many problems with archiving rules (22%) and protection of sensitive data (21%). In the event of a security breach, losing company’s crucial data (e.g. personal information of customers) results not only in fines but also in serious loss of reputation and clients’ trust.
5. How to improve that problematic invoicing compliance?
6. Manual invoice processing equals frequent errors
Main reasons behind payment delays by B2B customers
|Invoice sent to a|
* Comarch’s own survey
7. Status of automation: what companies have now vs. what would like to have in the future
8. Improvements that companies observed after implementation
|5-7 minutes / invoice||up to 20 minutes|
|25 minutes / invoice|
|4,50 euro / invoice||6,60 euro saved up||11,10 euro / invoice|
9. e-Invoicing makes a difference
10. Comarch e-Invoicing saves the day