In Romania there will be mandatory e-Invoicing for two groups of suppliers. The first is the car trading industry. The second concerns products with high fiscal risk.
The changes will consist of the following:
- Suppliers may submit invoices in the national e-Factura RO electronic invoice system between April 1 and June 30, 2022, regardless of whether the recipients are registered in the e-Factura RO Register
- Suppliers must, from July 1 2022, send invoices via the national e-Factura RO electronic invoice system, irrespective of whether the recipients are registered in the e-Factura RO Register
It should also be noted that invoices are documents that must meet the requirements set out in Fiscal Code.
The National Tax Administration Agency precisely specifies classification of products as “high tax risk”. A product with a high tax risk means a product in the trade of which there is a high risk of tax evasion and avoidance. The list of products in this category will be re-evaluated periodically.
There are five high fiscal risk product categories for which companies must use e-Invoices. They include:
- Vegetables, fruits, root vegetables and tubers, and other edible plants
- Alcoholic beverages
- New constructions (buildings/parts of buildings and of the land on which they are built, as well as any other land)
- Mineral products (natural mineral water, sand and gravel)
- Clothing and footwear