After a general announcement of a delay in introduction of an ambitious French e-invoicing and e-reporting system in July 2023, the French Direction Générale des Finances Publiques announced in a meeting with industry representatives on a proposed new timeline potentially extending into 2027. Despite that, development necessary for successful introduction of the system will still need to be intensive.
The proposed outline is to be included in an upcoming 2024 budget bill up for debate in October 2024.
- 2024 – further Public Invoicing Portal (PPF) development, partner dematerialization platform (PDP) licensing,
- 2025 – wider-scoped pilot phase,
- 2026 – mandate introduction in two phases
- 1st Phase in March for large companies, > €1.5 billion turnover or €2 billion revenue, >5.000 employees,
- 2nd Phase in October for companies below March threshold
- 2027 – Potential 3rd Phase of mandate introduction for small companies, >€2 million turnover, >10 employees,
Comarch has been a participant in the process of introducing the new e-invoicing system from the very outset. We have been taking part in a series of PDP registration workshops gaining both legal and technical knowledge necessary for authorization as a registered platform. Through close participation with the authorities in all processes of the system’s development we intend to be able to provide best level of service as a PDP right from the start of the mandate, whenever may it be introduced.