Data and documents needed for insurance risk assessment may come from external systems integrated with Comarch Insurance Underwriting, the ones that:
- process insurance applications
- administer insurance policies
- collect documents and responses to medical questionnaires.
Data from external systems needed for risk assessment are stored in the system as the underwriter’s dossier. In addition to the current case data, the dossier also contains a history of changes and operations, and gathers previously performed assessments of the insured person.
The automatic risk assessment includes:
- configuration of the risk assessment survey
- determining requirements for the insured person (document delivery, doing check-ups, etc.)
- automatic decisions based on business rules which may include personal data, responses to a medical questionnaire, application data, or the history of the insured person.
A decision made on the basis of automated underwriting may entail:
- acceptance on standard conditions
- rejection of the insurance application
- addition of premium surcharges, clauses or the exclusion of single risks
- case referral back to manual handling.
Comprehensive management of the requirement checklist for the insured:
- automatic assignment of requirements to a case based on business rules
- manual management of requirements in the risk assessment process, including:
- adding and editing
- deleting or cancelling
- marking as met
- describing and setting the expiry date
- sending reminders
- linking costs to requirements.
Functions supporting both the underwriter and cooperating entities in their daily work:
- insurance risk assessment results registration
- covers modification: sum assured, insurance period
- premium loadings
- insurance clauses and covers exclusions
- temporary covers management
- additional medical consultations - recording results, documents and costs
- verification of decisions made by other participants in the process
- deciding on the insurance application
- saving the insured person's decision to file in the case of counter-offer.