SDN/NFV - Comarch Solution Features
Next Generation Service Orchestration
A catalog-driven orchestration platform that enables simplified yet powerful end to end service delivery to customers, over the virtualized and non-virtualized parts of the network.
- Based on the TM Forum SID model (CFS-RFS-R).
- Supports service decomposition, free-style combining and orchestration.
- ETSI NFVO extended with support for PNFs, multi-domain orchestration and manual tasks.
- Support for dynamic service chaining and service lifecycle management.
Integrated VNF and PNF Management
Comarch offers a model-driven resource management portfolio with integrated support for VNFs and PNFs, allowing gradual evolution towards NFV.
- Single integrated resource catalog and inventory that can manage VNFs, PNFs and NFVI resources or delegate parts of the model to a lower level system.
- Generic VNF manager implementation for handling VNF lifecycle, including VNF scaling and healing.
- VNF onboarding through ETSI-compliant descriptors. VNF customization through Comarch Console GUI.
- OpenStack integration.
Consistent SDN and legacy network management, thanks to intelligent automation algorithms and open source SDN mediation combined with the proven functionality of Comarch Configuration Management module.
- Deep integration of OSS components into OpenDaylight SDN controller. Support for OpenFlow and SDN in IP/MPLS networks (PCEP, BGP-LS).
- Solution can act directly as an SDN controller for some domains, and cooperate with a third-party domain controller for others.
- Comarch Configuration Management module for vendor-agnostic, model-driven network reconfiguration supporting a wide range of network technologies and devices.
- Simultaneous support for VPNs and VNFs in a single system (Comarch OSS) provides the foundation for network slicing.
Fault, Performance and Service Quality Management for SDN/NFV
Next Generation Service Assurance monitors the impact of physical hardware failures on VMs, VNFs and, ultimately, the customer, and automates the process of resolving problems.
- Fault and KPI monitoring for OpenStack and OpenDaylight. CCorrelation of VNF and NFVI resource alarms and KPIs.
- Comarch Fault, Performance and Service Quality Management monitor virtualized and non-virtualized network functions, triggering VNF healing and scaling to provide the best possible customer experience at peak load times.