Bitė Group is the leading international telecommunication group in the Baltic countries. The group was founded in 2005 and consists of UAB Bitė Lietuva which has been operating in Lithuania since 1995, and SIA Bite Latvija which was established in 2005. Since the 9th of February, 2007 the sole shareholder of Bitė has been Mid Europa Partners. Mid Europa Partners is a leading independent private equity investment firm in Central and Eastern Europe.
The business need
In 2004 Comarch, a software house and systems integrator, signed an agreement for the delivery of a BSS and OSS platform with UAB Bitė Lietuva, a telecommunications operator in Lithuania providing mobile, data transfer and Internet services.
One year later, in July of 2005, the agreement for the BSS and OSS platform delivery was signed with SIA Bite Latvija, a daughter company of Bitė Lietuva established in July of 2005.
Both Comarch projects for Bitė Group entities covered the delivery of software supporting major operational and business processes including:
- Customer management processes for front office, dealer sales channels
- Back office administrative processes including SIM card supply management, service related resource management, black list integration
- Retail billing process management including loading, rating and revenue management including invoicing, debt management, credit limit management and reporting
- Products, tariffs and discount management
- Wholesale interconnect billing processes
- Mobile roaming support
- End customer self service processes, available at www.manobite.lt, www.manabite.lv
- Mediation, collection and provisioning processes
The abovementioned functionalities were realized by installing and integrating Comarch’s award-winning software products including:
- Comarch Billing System, providing retail billing and revenue management functionalities, handling service providers
- Comarch Customer Management, supporting front office and dealer channels with access to major end-customer related processes
- Comarch Business Process Management, automating, integrating and interfacing the platform elements, handling complicated business processes including migrations, black listings, number portability and more
- Comarch Self Care, offering web based end customer portal functionality
- Comarch InterPartner Billing, interconnect wholesale billing functionalities
- Comarch Mediation Device, interfacing network elements and assuring billing data sources
- Comarch Service Provisioning, providing activation and deactivation functionalities
- Pure success. SIA Bite Latvija was able to register and manage the first customers in their network 6 months after initiation of the project. The first invoice appeared one month later.
- Since July 2006, Bitė Group including UAB Bitė Lietuva and SIA Bite Latvija has been offering high-quality services to their end customers and service providers on the basis of Comarch’s BSS and OSS platform.
- Currently Comarch provides Bitė Group with 24 x 7 remote maintenance and support services for the installed platforms.
- Since the project switch-over in July of 2006, Comarch and Bitė Group have been cooperating closely on extensions of the existing functional scopes of the systems.
- With its long-time experience in the dynamic telecommunications market, investments and professional team of employees, Bitė Group is ready to ensure modern, high-quality and customer-friendly services for Latvian and Lithuanian customers.
Want to know more? Need some help with product selection?
Tell us about your business needs. We will find the perfect solution.