Comarch positioned as a Challenger in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Operations Support Systems 2013
Comarch, a global software house and system integrator, announces that it has again been positioned as a Challenger in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Operations Support Systems. The report includes a positive evaluation of Comarch’s OSS portfolio described as configurable, feature-rich and allowing easy customization, and highlights Comarch’s attractive price/performance ratio.
The report evaluates vendors that sell end-to-end solutions for service assurance and fulfillment, including network resource management, service inventory and catalog, and order management; also, provisioning and activation for communications service providers. Overall, Gartner expects the worldwide OSS market to grow from $29.2 billion in 2012 to $37.6 billion in 2015.
Comarch’s main strengths highlighted in the report are:
- Highly configurable and characterized by feature-rich and out-of the box functionality products, yet allow easy customization upon customer needs and interoperability with assurance and fulfillment legacy systems,
- The three-layer application architecture (based on the Model-View-Controller software architecture pattern) enables flexible and easy system data model changes and configuration, without requiring new custom developments,
- A strong product road map and vision that address key CSP initiatives to grow revenue, improve operational efficiency and customer experience — such as over-the-top, machine-to-machine (M2M) and industry verticals' service enablement and monetization mechanisms — as well as an integrated product and service catalog,
- Comarch is seeking a strategic supplier position through incremental expansion of existing customer deals. A common competitive differentiator for European CSPs appears to be Comarch's nearshore presence and its attractive price/performance ratio.
- Modern OSS solutions are about much more than just effective network management and responsiveness to the changes in technology, and network configuration. Today OSS solutions are also about creating a competitive differentiator for telecom operators. Comarch wants to be a real partner for telecoms in successful OSS transformations that realize that goal and Gartner’s positioning in the Challenger Quadrant confirms our ability to execute this vision, - says Lukasz Mendyk, Head of OSS Solutions, Comarch.
About the Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for Operations Support Systems,” by Martina Kurth (October 2013) can be obtained from www.gartner.com