Comarch, the end-to-end OSS/BSS software vendor, published Frost & Sullivan’s a report that reveals how BSS/OSS integration can raise CSPs competitiveness in the current market condition.
Frost & Sullivan research reveals fundamental challenges that operators are facing today, that include intensifying competition, reduced time-to-market for new services, efficiency improvement, growing customer expectations and more. It also shows clearly why bridging the gap between OSS/BSS is an efficient way towards overcoming these challenges.
The existing OSS/BSS environments cannot provide the required support to face these challenges. Scattered systems provided by various vendors cannot communicate efficiently. This limits the possibilities for coordination between service design and technical requirements of its delivery to the end customer. OSS/BSS integration facilitates communication between the two domains and entails a huge number of benefits, including:
- Shortening time-to-market for new products / services by transforming the product creation process to a component-based environment and automation of the service creation process between BSS and OSS
- Support for changing the operators’ existing business model from a ‘dumb pipe” to a service enabler
- Easy introduction of multiple, personalized tariff plans based on real network usage, achieved through efficient communication between billing, CRM and OSS
- Enhanced customer experience through providing a holistic view of a customer across the whole architecture and ensuring swift information exchange between the SQM / Fault Management (OSS) and CRM (BSS) modules
- "Service providers are used to purchasing best-of-breed systems and developing certain in-house software. This has led to the creation of isolated software silo architectures, designed around separate technologies or services that now have to be broken down, in order to keep up with market requirements in order to offer many services at a very fast pace. Integrating the OSS and BSS environments is the answer." - claims Piotr Machnik, Business Development Center Director in the Telecommunications Business Unit, Comarch.
Comarch understands these trends and offers one of the most comprehensive BSS and OSS Suites, containing components that are easy to configure and integrate. Comarch’s complete portfolio of BSS and OSS products can be found at http://telecoms.comarch.com.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best in class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best practice models to drive the generation, evaluation and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages over 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents. For more information about Frost & Sullivan's Growth Partnership Services, visit www.frost.com.