The Elektrownia Skawina S. A. power plant was established in 1957. It is one of the largest industrial companies in Skawina and one of the biggest in the region. It supplies heat to the town of Skawina and to the western part of Krakow. It currently holds more than 20 percent of the market share in the heating market of the Krakow metropolitan area.
In addition to producing electricity, the power plant is a supplier of process steam, drinking water and industrial water for companies in Skawina. CEZ Poland Distribution B. V. – a subsidiary of CEZ s. s. – is the owner of 100% of the shares in the Skawina power plant.