For many entrepreneurs, implementation of the FiRa UWB standard is a real game-changer – especially if accuracy and security of measuring the distance to a target or determining the position of a specific resource are your top priorities. By selecting the FiRa UWB standard, co-existing with BLE and WiFi, you choose reliability and lower energy costs.
Why UWB? Ultra-wideband technology is fast becoming a ubiquitous pillar of wireless connectivity by providing pinpoint location capabilities (up to 0.5 meters accuracy). This technology allows you to track your resources and immediately locate the ones that you’re looking for at any time.
Thus, it’s highly beneficial for companies specializing in UWB-based solutions to join the FiRa Certification Program and make sure that their devices meet all essential standards. Obtaining certification, meaning being compliant with the FiRa UWB standard, can form a crucial foundational for building an open and interoperable ecosystem.
If you’d like to discover how to achieve FiRa UWB Certification and learn more about the practical side of the testing process and useful tools, you are in the right place.
Discover more about FiRa Certification for UWB-enabled devices
If you’re currently developing a UWB-based solution and wish it to be compliant with the FiRa UWB standard, or if you’re already a FiRa member on the way to obtaining certification, we’ve prepared a great opportunity for you to learn more. Find out about the whole certification process, various testing, and test tools such as the PHY Conformance Test Tool (PCTT), MAC Conformance Test Tool (MCTT), and Interoperability Test Tool (ITT).
Join the webinar entitled "What you need to know about FiRa Certification for UWB-enabled devices”, cohosted by FiRa Consortium, LitePoint and Comarch, and gain hands-on knowledge from our experts:
- Krzysztof Wlodarczyk, Senior Software Developer at Comarch, who has been involved in the development and support of tools for certification testing for several worldwide certification organizations for almost 12 years, and is currently responsible for development of certification testing tools for FiRa.
- Patryk Stryczek, Department Director at Comarch, who has been directly involved in management and supervising service projects for various different customers from the automotive, embedded and certifications areas of expertise since 2017.
- Mitch Kettrick, Certification Program Manager at FiRa Consortium, who has more than 20 years of product development, testing and certification experience in the wireless telecommunications industry, and is also the FiRa Certification Program Manager responsible for managing all aspects of FiRa's device certification program.
- Ardavan Tehrani, Co-chair, Requirements and Marketing Working Groups at FiRa Consortium, who has more than 20 years of experience in the wireless industry, serving in a number of technical leadership and executive roles and is currently representing Meta Reality Labs at FiRa, where he serves as Co-chair of the Requirements and Marketing Working Groups.
- Eve Danel, Senior Product Marketing Manager at LitePoint, who is responsible for wireless connectivity test systems and has over 15 years of experience working in test and measurement companies.
The webinar will take place on Thursday, March 3rd, at 8 AM PST / 5 PM CET. You can register now for free via this link. Save the date – we’re hoping to see you there!